East Oxford Street
29-43 Oxford Street and 18-19 Soho Square
Welcome to the consultation website for the re-development of 29-43 Oxford Street and 16-19 Soho Square, East Oxford Street. Here you can find information on Element Capital’s proposals for the site.
Element Capital is the development manager for BCP Asset Management.BCP is one of Ireland’s largest independently-owned investment managers and is privileged to manage over €2.8 billion in assets for our investors. We have been investing in the Dublin property market for over 30 years and the London market for over 15 years.
BCP has spent the last 10 years piecing together the proposed development site in order to contribute to the regeneration of East Oxford Street, led by Crossrail. The site is situated between the Tottenham Court Road re-development and the Soho Conservation Area and is the last remaining section of East Oxford Street to be regenerated.
In November 2018, Element Capital/BCP held a public exhibition on the proposals, which were submitted to Westminster City Council in January 2019.
If approved, the proposals would deliver a high quality mixed-use scheme with improved shops at basement, ground and first floors, office and flexible spaces above and access to a new public roof garden, contributing to the regeneration of East Oxford Street led by Crossrail.
We believe the development would:
- Enhance East Oxford Street as a world class shopping destination by providing almost 2,725sqm more retail space
- Provide 725 sqm more office and flexible space on Soho Square
- Provide a c. 700 sqm public roof garden
- Protect historic façades and integrate their heritage for contemporary uses
- Help create a safer, more welcoming environment on Soho Square
- Improve connections between Tottenham Court Road and the Soho Conservation Area.
You can still view the proposals and provide feedback via Westminster City Council’s planning portal here using reference number 19/00514/FULL.
We will continue to update the website as the project progresses.